The Analytics Project Associate works directly with survey data on some of the largest data projects in the progressive community. Over time, project associates will have the opportunity to provide research analysis, draft presentation materials, develop new tools, and engage with clients.
This position is considered an election-year position and may not be needed after the November 2018 election season. In the event that business and performance levels warrant, we may extend employment or negotiate an end date in the fall of 2018.
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. Some after hours and weekend work as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Standardize and store internal and externally-sourced survey data
- Assist with analysis of quantitative data (including surveys and regression analysis)
- Create statistical outputs and contribute to reports and graphic presentations
- Provide input on scope of projects and research program
- Proofread data for accuracy (survey outputs, memos, graphs, presentations, reports)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with STATA, R, or SPSS required
- Familiarity with PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Tableau preferred, but not required
- High level of attention to detail required
- Basic knowledge of statistics, preferred
- Ability to work with large amounts of data accurately and quickly
- Adaptability to changing situations and needs, both internal and external
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and respond rapidly to requests for data
- Basic knowledge in the design, development, and implementation of quantitative research methods
- Previous campaign experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field (including, but not limited to, political science, public policy, international relations, statistics, math, business)